Spa product safety
Spa chemicals can be harmful if the proper care is not taken. Contamination or improper use of these chemicals may cause a fire, explosion or the release of toxic gases. Read and follow all labels correctly.
- Read product labels and follow the directions on the label.
- Wear proper safety equipment when handling chemicals including gloves, goggles, long sleeves, pants and any other items as directed on labels.
- Store your chemicals in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- Keep your chemicals tightly covered when not in use.
- Store liquids upright.
- Follow directions on label when adding chemicals to your spa.
- Add spa chemicals directly to your spa.
- Isolate spilled chemicals and read and follow directions for cleanup and disposal.
- Thoroughly clean and dry product containers prior to disposal. - Wash your hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
- Allow spa chemicals to come into contact with your skin, eyes or mouth.
- Inhale or ingest spa chemicals.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be accessed by children or pets.