How to: Use spa products safely
HTH® is committed to your safety through the HTH® Care Initiative. We recommend the following, non-exhaustive, minimum list of guidelines in order to help you and your family safely enjoy your spa. If you have any questions about how to handle spa chemical products, please contact us.
Need more help?
Chat live with an HTH® Helpline expert.Chat now
Prefer to call us?
We've got someone standing by daily from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday(866)-HTH-POOL
Spa product safety
Spa chemicals can be harmful if the proper care is not taken. Contamination or improper use of these chemicals may cause a fire, explosion or the release of toxic gases. Read and follow all labels correctly.
- Read product labels and follow the directions on the label.
- Wear proper safety equipment when handling chemicals including gloves, goggles, long sleeves, pants and any other items as directed on labels.
- Store your chemicals in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- Keep your chemicals tightly covered when not in use.
- Store liquids upright.
- Follow directions on label when adding chemicals to your spa.
- Add spa chemicals directly to your spa.
- Isolate spilled chemicals and read and follow directions for cleanup and disposal.
- Thoroughly clean and dry product containers prior to disposal. - Wash your hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
- Allow spa chemicals to come into contact with your skin, eyes or mouth.
- Inhale or ingest spa chemicals.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be accessed by children or pets.
As always, we’re here to help. If you have questions, contact our help line at 1-866-HTH-POOL or talk to our experts with our live chat!