Eye & skin irritation
Do your eyes or skin feel irritation after leaving your pool or spa? It's time to adjust and balance your water.
Need more help?
Chat live with an HTH® Helpline expert.Chat now
Prefer to call us?
We've got someone standing by daily from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST.(866)-HTH-POOL
It is possible that the pH is out of the desired range or that you have high combined chlorine, low FAC or low bromine.
Adjust water balance as needed. Adjust the pH to 7.2-7.4 at least one hour before shocking. Shock treat the pool with an HTH® shock product according to label directions.
- Maintain the FAC in the range of 1-4 ppm.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Shock treat the pool weekly.
- Maintain the pH in the proper range. Follow label directions on the sanitizer for specific pH range recommendations.
As always, we’re here to help. If you have questions, contact our help line at 1-866-HTH-POOL or talk to our experts with our live chat!
Please read the following important reminders before adding pool chemicals to water:
• NEVER mix products together or dissolve before use.
• ONLY enter pool when FAC levels are below 4 ppm to prevent risk of bodily harm.